Monday, August 16, 2010

Making HD videos in France

I've returned from a small holiday in France and took the UAV to fly over there. I used the GoPro HD camera in the cockpit and shot a couple of videos @ 60 fps, 1280x720p. The results are on YouTube with a slightly reduced bitrate (more compression):



And another one near the castle of Castlenaud:



And I returned to the camping to make a high-altitude video from up above:



Nothing got seriously broken and it's great to see the videos to improve my flying skills. The video was also transmitted live to my netbook on the ground, but I didn't use that for navigating around (yet). I first need to check into an automatically adjusting tripod setup that will track the plane for a patch antenna. That will ensure, usually, a very good video link.

No comments: